Sunday, January 13, 2008

My first dance with my man!

Sometime last year I had wrote about all of the *milestones* many American girls have such being asked out on a date, going to a prom or dancing the night away. Alhamdlilah, I don't regret any of that stuff and know the enormity of the blessing in having been protected from it in general. Even still I dont have regrets, I have always wanted to dance with someone. You know, a nice slow dance just seems romantic and somewhat peaceful. After I wed Mr. Muslim I tried on plenty of occassion to make him dance with me. Alhamdulilah, hes not like some Muslim men who think playing with their wife can only happen in the bed. No, that isn't his problem. Mr.Muslim's problem is his feet. He has two left feet and couldnt catch a rhythm even if Debbi Allen broke it down for him. All of that has changed though. After all of these years of waiting for the perfect slow dance, I got my first dance with no one other than my sweet Saud. Nevermind that it was two am and he had already nursed and been changed and I was exhausted. He wanted to be held. He wanted to be rocked. What else could I do but get up and dance with him? Allah is great, we didnt need any music or lyrics or anything...just the two of us. I hummed and swayed and he held on and soon fell asleep. Gotta love the little Muslim men. May Allah bless Saud and all of the other Muslim boys who are great comforts to their mothers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet thing, mom and son dancing!

Miss Muslimah said...

Awww..ameen